T: +61 2 9233 3989
F: +61 2 8231 6489
Elizabeth was admitted into practice in 2007. Prior to commencing her career as a legal practitioner, Elizabeth was a Human Resource Manager for a national manufacturing firm, where she developed a strong interest and practical application in workplace law and occupational health and safety.
Since 2007, Elizabeth has acted predominately for employers providing legal advice, advocacy, training, mediation and general assistance in the workplace across a wide range of industries including manufacturing, retail and wholesale, service and professional industries, sporting and hospitality organisations, insurance, individual executives and small to medium enterprises.
Elizabeth has appeared in various jurisdictions. Some of the matters she has been involved in include:
- a test case regarding the definition of ‘ordinary hours of work’ for an engineering firm involved in off shore and on shore oil, gas and petroleum development;
- defending occupational health and safety prosecutions for manufacturing and food processing firms;
- seeking injunctions in relation to post employment restraint of trade of senior personnel and executives;
- successfully defending unfair dismissal and general protections claims against employers;
- defending discrimination applications within various state and commonwealth jurisdictions;
- identifying and recommending on processes for the management of ill and injured workers;
- dispute applications and assistance in the workplace management of industrial action;
- proceedings against unions seeking recovery and penalties for damages incurred as a result of industrial action; and
- management of right of entry issues in the workplace.
Elizabeth is an accredited mediator, workplace trainer and assessor, and regularly presents seminars and training in various areas or workplace law and contributes articles and commentary on all areas of workplace law.
Elizabeth holds a Bachelor of Management — Labour Relations, Post-graduate Certificate in Business and a Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours).